Welcome to the information and application page for our pitching event. Here you will find information on:
- Who the event is for
- How it will work
- How to apply
Who the event is for
The ‘Pitch & Punt’ event is for new writers of fiction who are looking towards finding a publisher. The work can be a novel, novella or short story collection, and we welcome any genre. We are looking for writers who are unpublished, self-published, or have already been published but feel they would benefit from this event. The aim of ‘Pitch & Punt’ is for you to gain some feedback from people within the industry, and experience presenting your work to an audience. Unlike other pitching events, ‘Pitch & Punt’ is not a competition, but is designed to support and develop new and emerging writing talent.
How will it work?
Authors will introduce themselves, briefly explain what their piece of work is about and then read a short extract, followed by feedback from our panel and questions from the audience. The event will include a networking session over tea and coffee, so writers can chat with the panel and the audience more informally.
How to apply
Please send the following to email@example.com with PITCH AND PUNT APPLICATION in the email subject line:
- A 500-word extract of the work you’d like to present (if your application is successful we’ll ask for a slightly longer extract). This can either be an attachment or just in the body of the email.
- A synopsis (max 500 words) if your extract is from a novel/novella. For short story collections please send a brief summary about the proposed collection (max 500 words).
- Please include your name, contact number and postal address in the email, along with a couple of sentences about yourself and your writing.
- The deadline for applications is 12 NOON ON FRIDAY 24TH AUGUST
- Successful applicants will be notified on or before FRIDAY 7TH SEPTEMBER
- Applicants must be age 16 or over by 29th September 2018.
- You must be free to attend the event on Saturday 29th September, 1-3pm at the Harbour Arts Centre, Irvine.
- Our audience age guidance for this event is 14+. Please bear this in mind when submitting work.
- Tidelines will send an email to confirm we’ve received your application, so please let us know if this doesn’t arrive.
- If you have any further questions drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org